Certificate in Project Management
A low-cost way to equip yourself with tools and techniques for effective project management.
Aspen University Certificate in Project Management program will provide you with multi-disciplined knowledge, insights, and strategies that you can apply to the job right away.
Finish Fast – Can complete in 12 weeks
Enjoy Flexibility – 3 courses with start dates every 2 weeks
Learn from Anywhere – 100% online
You’ll learn systematic approaches and practical tools and skills for planning, organizing, regulating, and leading projects to successful completion.
This Certificate program introduces critical concepts such as:
- Time management
- Human resource planning
- Project communications
- Project planning
- Project modification
- Work breakdown structure
- Activities duration estimation
- Diagramming methodologies such as PERT and CPM
- Other management tools
The program presents project initiation concepts such as:
- Product description
- Strategic planning
- Project selection criteria
- Project management leadership
- Project staffing
- Staff acquisition and evaluation
- Human resource management fundamentals
Each participant produces a project plan as part of the course requirements. Participants are encouraged to engage with active projects in their professional lives to fulfill course requirements.
Equip yourself with tools and techniques for effective communication and information management within the scope of project management and learn how to apply new skills and knowledge to planning real business projects.
- Application – A completed application.
- Although there are no formal prerequisite academic requirements for acceptance into the Certificate in Project Management Program, students should have a good understanding of management fundamentals (plan, organize, lead, control, and communication) as demonstrated through the completion of a basic management course, experience, or other means. In addition, a solid understanding of general college mathematics is beneficial.
- MGT645 - Project Management Essentials
- MGT646 - Project Management Organizational Framework
- MGT647 - Project Management Integration Framework
Project Management Essentials introduces the fundamental elements of effective project management and provides students with the opportunity to apply these elements using exercises and examples based on real-time projects. The tools and techniques used to plan, measure, and control projects, as well as the methods used to organize and manage projects, are also discussed. If you intend to certify as a Project Management Professional (PMP)®, initiate contact with the Project Management Institute at www.pmi.org and/or your local PMI® chapter.3 Credits
Project Management Organizational Framework covers principles and practices presented in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI) Standards Committee. This guide addresses such organizational and structural issues as scope, time management, human resource planning, and project communications, and serves as the foundation for the project manager certification areas of competency.3 Credits
PMIF completes the topics presented in the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge and includes project cost, quality, procurement, and risk management. Continuing the work from PMOF, PMIF provides students with additional opportunities to apply these concepts using real-life exercises and examples. Special consideration is given to preparing students for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam.3 Credits