The School of Nursing offers Registered Nurses the opportunity to earn their bachelor's, master's or doctorate degree in nursing. Since most of our students are working full-time while earning their degree, our programs offer flexible scheduling and a premier online classroom.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Forensic Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Informatics
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nursing Administration and Management
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nursing Education
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Public Health
- Master of Science in Nursing (RN to MSN Bridge Program)
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Forensic Nursing, (RN to MSN Bridge Program)
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Informatics, (RN to MSN Bridge Program)
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nursing Administration and Management (RN to MSN Bridge Program)
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Nursing Education (RN to MSN Bridge Program)
- Master of Science in Nursing with a specialization in Public Health, (RN to MSN Bridge Program)
Dean: Nina Beaman, Ed.D.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"
Dr. Nina Beaman is certified in four different distinct areas. She is a National League for Nursing Certified Nurse Educator, holds a certificate as a ANCC Psychiatric Mental Health nurse, is a NCC certified Ambulatory Women's Health Nurse, and is an AAMA Certified Medical Assistant. She earned her Doctorate in Education from Walden University, a Master in Nursing on the nursing administration track from Aspen University, a Master in Health Psychology from Capella University, a Bachelor of Arts from Randolph Macon College, and an Associate Degree in Nursing from John Tyler Community College. She also has an Associate Degree in Business from Luther Rice College, and a Diplome D'Etudes Francaises from the University of Nice in Nice, France. Dr. Beaman has been in academia as well as a practicing nurse in a variety of venues for over 20 years. She has served in leadership positions with the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, American Association of Medical Assistants, Virginia League for Nursing, Virginia Nurses Association, Legislative Coalition of Virginia Nurses, Virginia Section of the Association of Women's Health, Obstetric, and Neonatal Nurses, and Virginia Society of Medical Assistants. She also actively serves as a Medical Reserve Corps and Red Cross Disaster volunteer. She is an American Nurses Credentialing Center Content Expert on National Disaster Nursing. Dr. Beaman is a frequent conference presenter and author of numerous books and monographs.
BSN Coordinator, Jenny Erkfitz
"I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship"
Jenny Erkfitz has a background in adult critical care, where she practiced as a CCRN. Nursing, however is her second career, as is the experience of so many other nurses. Jenny came to nursing via banking and earned a BA in Healthcare Management from an online university. She then pursued her BSN at Indiana University through the second degree BSN program. This is where she was introduced to high fidelity simulations. She then completed the MSN-Nursing Education program at Aspen University where she was able to explore bringing simulations to online nursing education as a standard.
Jenny lives with her family in the country, where they enjoy spending time outside. She invites anyone who has questions about online education to contact her, and she will share firsthand why this is such a great option for busy nurses looking to further their education.
Director of Graduate Nursing Programs: Marc Gayol, Ed.D.
Dr. Marc Gayol is a board-certified Public Health Nurse. He is an active member with the American Nurses Association and the National League for Nursing. He earned his Doctorate in Education Leadership, his Master of Science in Nursing in Education and his Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
Dr. Gayol has been in the healthcare industry for more than 20 years, as a practicing nurse and mentor as well as serving in senior leadership roles both in private and public sectors within areas of public health, informatics and higher education. He has a special interest in assisting and supporting immigrants and other vulnerable populations who are often unable to access healthcare and educational services. Dr. Gayol is politically active in state and national movements in support of universal healthcare system and policy reform.